What is Cheerleading?
Cheerleaders are graceful and dynamic dancers, as well as powerful and skilled acrobats.
- Enhances balance, co-ordination and agility
- Develops cooperation, teamwork and self-confidence
- Builds strength, flexibility and power
- Is exciting, creative and exhilarating to watch
- Is the perfect team based sport for people of all ages and abilities
Experience Cheerleading and see your spirit and pride, come to life. Once you’ve found a club and learnt the basics, you can keep developing your skills for fun and fitness or challenge yourself in competitions from local to national and even international level.
Cheerleading has a range of competition categories, all performing routines on a competition floor:
- Dance – incorporating Pom, Hip-Hop and Jazz in teams and pairs
- Cheerleading – incorporating Cheer, Group Stunt and Partner Stunt in teams
If you want to take your Cheerleading career further, find out more about specific judging and coaching courses.
Cheerleading is governed internationally by the International Cheer Union (ICU).